Truth be told, I actually use this blog as my personal recipe file too. Whenever I need to make something I know that it is safely stored here so I won’t ever lose it and can always find the recipe. I had a bit of a panic moment a few weeks ago when I wanted to make my FAVORITE Chicken Piccata Stuffed Mushrooms for a party. I could not find the torn out magazine paper with the recipe on it anywhere and thought it was lost forever. I checked here and realized I had never posted the recipe, and I searched online for it and to my astonishment…I could not find it anywhere! Well, fortunately I managed to locate the recipe, and so I am posting these Chicken Piccata stuffed mushrooms here and now to make sure that I don’t have that happen again!
I can’t take credit for this recipe, it’s a good old Paula Deen recipe that was published in a Christmas magazine back in 2007. It is SO yummy. You will want to eat the filling straight out of the pan, so make extra. 😉
- 4 (8oz.) pkgs. fresh button mushrooms
- 6 T. butter
- ¼ c. minced green onion
- 1 T. minced capers
- 1 t. dried thyme
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. ground black pepper
- 1 c. chopped cooked chicken
- ½ c. dry white wine
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ c. panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- - Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15x10-in. jelly-roll pan. Clean mushrooms, removing stems; set mushroom caps aside. Finely chop enough mushroom stems to equal ½ c. Discard remaining stems.
- - In a lg. skillet, melt 6 T. butter over med. heat. Add mushroom stems, green onion, capers, thyme, salt, and pepper; cook 5 min., stirring frequently, or until mushroom stems are tender. Stir in chicken and wine; cook 5 min. or until wine has evaporated. Add cream cheese and panko, stirring until combined.
- - Fill mushroom caps evenly with chicken mixture. Place in pan, and brush each with melted butter. Bake 20 min. Serve immediately.
- - NOTE: Mushroom caps may be filled 2 days before baking. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to bake.
I think I need to make these asap again! Don’t miss out on our other great recipes in our Recipe Gallery.