I have already admitted to being a huge football fan, but in all honesty I think I get more excited for football season because of the food! From tailgating to parties for the big game, the appetizers and finger foods that abound are something to get excited about even if your team doesn’t win! These bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos are one of my most requested appetizers whenever we host a party or bring something to share to a friend’s house, so I’m sharing them with you just in time for your parties this weekend.
Here’s what you’ll need:
8 med-large jalapenos
6 slices of bacon
1 8oz brick of cream cheese
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp onion podwer
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
**tip: I always wear a pair of disposable latex gloves when I am making these so that I don’t risk burning my skin or eyes with the jalapeno juice**
Wash and dry your jalapenos, cut off the stems and then slice them in half long-ways.
Using a spoon, remove the seeds from each jalapeno half. Any seeds that are left behind will significantly increase how hot these are when you eat them.
Mix up softened cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and onion powder. Fill each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture. Cut your bacon slices into thirds. Wrap one third of a bacon slice around each cream cheese stuffed jalapeno half.
To cook the jalapenos, I prepare a jelly roll pan by lining it with tin foil to help make the bacon drippings easier to clean up. I put a metal cooling rack on the pan and cook the jalapenos on top of the cooling rack. That way, when the bacon grease drips, the jalapenos aren’t left sitting in it and the bacon can crisp up all the way around.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until bacon is cooked through.
This recipe makes about 16 bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos and they will disappear quickly, especially if you are feeding a crowd, so plan accordingly if you think you may need to double the recipe. 🙂 You can find some of our other popular appetizers and game day recipes and ideas here:
I hope you enjoy these delicious bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos as much as we do!
- Incredible Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 15 Minute Amazing Mini Goat Cheese Bites Appetizer
- Delicious Iced Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- Summer Salads for a Crowd : Antipasto Salad Platter
- Cinco de Mayo Dessert : Easy Tres Leches Cake Recipe
- Nordstrom Cafe Recipes for Salads : Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ice Cream Sundae Party Ideas : Ice Cream Party Food
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- Nordstrom Cafe Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- Layered Drinks Tutorial : How to Make multi colored party drinks that will amaze!
- Easy DIY Party Food: Donut Holes on a stick