I had to make a quick stop at Michaels the other day (let’s be real…when is a trip to Michael’s ever quick? 😉 I have to look at everything. ;)) As I was wandering I found the cutest little wood elephant stamp. It was a need, so into my cart it went. 😉 I love block print fabrics, so I decided to try my hand at making some DIY Block Print towels. You can find plain dish towels just about anywhere for under $5, (I grabbed mine at HomeGoods of course) so pick up a cute wood stamp, some fabric paint and some towels and you’ll be all set for this easy DIY project. Tip: You will want to wash your towels before you stamp them so they are ready to accept the fabric paint.
What you will need:
A paint brush
Parchment paper or a paper plate
I tried this a few ways and this is what I found to be the easiest. You don’t want the paint to get into the grooves of your stamp, otherwise you won’t get as clean of a print. To help evenly distribute the paint on to the stamp, I simply squirted a blob of paint onto my parchment paper and then spread it out on the parchment, using a paint brush, into an even layer just slightly bigger than the stamp. This way, I was able to set my stamp into the paint and it only picked up paint on the surface of the stamp, not in the grooves.
Once you have “inked” your stamp, press it firmly onto your fabric. Make sure to press evenly on the stamp all over the surface so the paint transfers everywhere. Remove the stamp, load it with paint again, and repeat. Continue this process until you have the stamped image everywhere you would like it on your towel. Let the towels dry and you are all set!
You really can’t mes this up. The beauty of the block printing is that it isn’t meant to be a perfect image, so, if you get parts of the painted image that don’t transfer, don’t panic! Love your project for it’s imperfections. That is was makes it unique. 🙂
Aren’t those fun? In just about 30 minutes you can have these cute handmade towels. This would be a fun project for the kids this summer too!
I would love to have you join me over on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest where I love to share all kinds of fun things about design, travel, entertaining and food.
Have a wonderful day and happy crafting! 🙂
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- Funny Printable Valentine's Day Cards for Kids
- Mint Green Baby Shower and Party Ideas
- School Party Ideas End of Year Breakfast Party (Back to School too!)
- Birthday Wishes Tags : Free Printable Birthday Tags
- DIY Teacher Christmas Gift Idea and Free Printable
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Cute DIY Cake Topper
- DIY Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids- How to make Glittered Turkeys with Fall Leaves
- Birthday Party Ideas : The Patisserie Party with Society Sweets
- DIY Washi Tape Feathers a Cute Fall Craft
- St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Pancakes