Winter has arrived… even here is Southern California! If your family is anything like mine, hot chocolate is a big request… on repeat! A sweet, warm drink that just makes you feel good all the way down to your toes! If you have been serving hot chocolate from a prepackaged powder mix… do yourself and your family a favor and give this Heavenly Hot Chocolate recipe a try. I came up with this recipe when I wanted to make the best hot chocolate ever! I think I succeeded. You be the judge. Oh.. and add a candy cane white chocolate dipped marshmallow stirring stick with it and you’ve got that “tastes like Christmas” perfection! I like to make a big pot of this and serve it after a dinner party. It wows everyone that gets a mug-full! You can also keep a batch in jugs in the refrigerator and heat up individual mugs when you want that hot chocolate fix!
Heavenly Hot Chocolate
1/3 c. cocoa powder
½ c. sugar
Pinch of salt
1/3 c. boiling water
3 c. milk
½ c. evaporated milk
½ c. half and half
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ c. grated milk chocolate
½ c. grated bittersweet chocolate
In a medium sauce pan, combine the cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Add the 1/3 cup boiling water. Stir well and heat on medium heat until heated through. Add the milk, evaporated milk and the half and half. Stir well and heat until heated through but do not bring it to a boil. Add the two kinds of grated chocolate; stir well. Take off the heat and add the vanilla; stir well. Serve immediately. Or keep warm on the stove on simmer.
Makes 4 servings
White Chocolate Peppermint Stirring Sticks
One box of candy canes (full size), dozen
1 bag of white chocolate chips, or 10 oz. of any good quality white chocolate
12 full size marshmallows
Take wrappers off the candy canes. Cut the hooks off of the candy canes (I get the best results cutting the candy canes with kitchen scissors). Leave the stick about 4 inches long. Pierce the top of each marshmallow with the candy cane stick as straight up as possible.
Put the unused parts of the candy cane in a food processor and crush into fine bits. Pour the bits in a bowl.
Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
Dip the marshmallows in the white chocolate, covering all of the marshmallows and the lower part of the stick. Roll in the crushed candy cane bits. Set on wax or parchment paper. Put in the refrigerator or the freezer to set the chocolate. Keep in a covered container.
- Incredible Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 15 Minute Amazing Mini Goat Cheese Bites Appetizer
- Delicious Iced Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Easy Green Halloween Party Punch: Monster Juice
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- Amazing Pork Carnitas Tacos Recipe and Toppings
- No Chill Sour Cream Sugar Cookie Cut Out Recipe
- Nordstrom Cafe Recipes for Salads : Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ice Cream Sundae Party Ideas : Ice Cream Party Food
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- Layered Drinks Tutorial : How to Make multi colored party drinks that will amaze!
- Easy DIY Party Food: Donut Holes on a stick