Oreos hold a special place in my heart. My grandpa LOVES them. He used to sneak them without grandma knowing, and taught me his ways. 😉 I remember growing up, he had a cookie jar shaped like a stack of oreos that held the chocolatey sandwich cookies. When I ran across a recipe for this cake, I had to make it. Best thing is…it looks fancy, but doesn’t take a fancy baker to make it. If you have a favorite chocolate cake recipe, you can use that, or if it’s easier…make a dark chocolate boxed cake. Bake the cake in two 8″ or 9″ rounds. After the cake has cooled, slice each round in two to create four layers.
For the filling you will need heavy whipping cream and a sleeve of Oreos. Crush the Oreos and after the cream is whipped to be VERY stiff, fold the crushed oreos in. Working on your cake plate, (I used one of my favorites) layer cake, filling, cake filling, until you have all four layers stacked. Put the cake in the fridge for an hour to help the filling stay solid.
While the cake is in the fridge, make your favorite chocolate butter cream. Here is my favorite recipe…
1/4 cup butter
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
Mix together all ingredients. May need to add more milk (slowly) until frosting reaches a spreadable consistency. Spread on Chocolate Cookies or other cookies or bars of your choice.
Remove the cake from the fridge and ice with one layer of icing…this doesn’t have to be perfect…it’s meant to keep the crumbs in when you put the top coat of frosting on. 🙂 After you put the first layer on, put the cake back in the fridge for a bit so the icing can firm up for 30 minutes or so.
Remove the cake from the fridge and ice with the second coat of frosting.
Decorate the cake with some Oreos on top and return cake to the fridge. Because it has a cream filling, it will need to stay in the fridge.
- Incredible Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 15 Minute Amazing Mini Goat Cheese Bites Appetizer
- Delicious Iced Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Easy Green Halloween Party Punch: Monster Juice
- Amazing Pork Carnitas Tacos Recipe and Toppings
- Summer Salads for a Crowd : Antipasto Salad Platter
- No Chill Sour Cream Sugar Cookie Cut Out Recipe
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- Nordstrom Cafe Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster’s Inc. Monster’s University Pretzel Snacks
- Layered Drinks Tutorial : How to Make multi colored party drinks that will amaze!
- Easy DIY Party Food: Donut Holes on a stick