Are you Mother’s Day this year? Mother’s Day always makes me feel like having a garden party. Light salads, fresh fruit, and something fun and pretty to drink. Here’s a recipe I love that is refreshing and perfect for Mother’s Day or any day! 🙂
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 strips grapefruit zest, removed with a vegetable peeler
- 6 strips lemon zest, removed with a vegetable peeler
- 6 cups grapefruit juice (from 12 grapefruits)
- ginger ale, for serving
- 1.Muddle the sugar, lemon and grapefruit zest, and ½ cup of the grapefruit juice in a bowl until the sugar dissolves. Add the remaining 5½ cups of juice and chill for at least 4 hours...the longer the better.
- 2.Strain. Serve chilled over ice, topped with the ginger ale and garnished with grapefruit slices.
Serving your beverages up in gorgeous glasses with fun straws makes any drink a party drink. These days you can find fun drink accessories all over the place…I found mine at HomeGoods, but if you’re on the hunt you can find tons of straws here and have them on your doorstep in two days! 🙂 I picked up these glasses for their tall, skinny shape.
If you’re looking for more party drinks and recipes, you can find a bunch here.