This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #BoxtrollsFamilyNite http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
We love movie nights at our house and I love nothing more than an excuse to party. 😉 I have been known to throw a few parties based on movies just for kicks, and this time was no exception. After a long week of being gone at Alt, I needed some good quality snuggle time with my kiddos. I stopped at WalMart on the way home from the airport and grabbed The Boxtrolls DVD and some Pop Secret Homestyle Popcorn so we would be all set.
To make things a little more special, I thought it would be fun to make a snack that went with the movie. I created some boxes that were reminiscent of those in the movie to hold our popcorn mix treat. I feel like little touches like this make something simple like watching a movie together seem like more of an event. It makes these family moments that we get to share together a little more memorable, and, involving the kids in making the treats and decorations gives us an excuse to spend even more time together doing something fun! 🙂
I make a popcorn mix similar to the one we made for this movie every year at Christmas, and it is always hit, so we just tweaked it a bit and made it more kid-friendly for our movie night. I wanted to involve the kids in the process, so I let each of them pick two mix-ins for our popcorn treat. While I initially thought the things they picked out were a wild combination, it was surprisingly yummy! Here’s what you’ll need to create this treat:
Pop Secret 10ct Homestyle Popcorn
Mini Peanut Butter Cups
1/2 bag of White Chocolate Discs
Pop three bags of popcorn.
Melt the chocolate discs in the microwave and pour over your popped popcorn.
Mix your mix-ins into the popcorn and chocolate mix and stir with a rubber spatula.
Let the mixture cool so the chocolate can harden
I had these cute 4×4 paper mache boxes from another project I had been working on so I couldn’t help but make something cute to put the popcorn mix in! My favorite little crafter was anxious to help. These are SO easy! Here’s what you’ll need:
1 sheet of scrapbook paper (I used an old book print)
Rubber letter stamps
Black ink pad
Directions: Cut 3.5 x 3.5 squares of scrapbook paper to fit the front of your boxes. Run the edges of the paper over your ink pad to make it look s a little dirtier, a little more like trash. 🙂
Stamp the names you would like on your boxes onto the paper squares.
Glue the paper squares onto the front of each box
Fill with popcorn mix
Watch The Boxtrolls and enjoy!
I hope you’re feeling inspired to create something fun with your kiddos and spend some time watching a fun movie together! Did you know The Boxtrolls is nominated for an Oscar this year? We love watching awards shows together too, so now it will be extra fun for them since they have seen one of the nominated movies. Grab The Boxtrolls and some Pop Secret Homestyle Popcorn while supplies last at Walmart and whip up some fun boxes and popcorn mix for Oscar night!
Have a great day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party