I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday and ran across these darling printed burlap wired ribbons. They were begging to be made into a banner, so since they were 50% off I brought them home with me. 😉 This is one of the easiest things you can make…we’re talking under 30 minutes, and it is SO cute!! You can make it with any wired ribbon (probably any ribbon, but I use wired because it’s easier to manipulate). Here’s what you’ll need:
twine, a glue gun, ribbon of your choice, scissors
1. Cut 4″ lengths of your ribbon (I used three different patterns and wanted my banner to have 9 pennants, so I cut three 4″ pieces of each ribbon, this can be adjusted to make any size you would like, of course)
2. Cut your twine (I used a 6′ piece of twine, leaving 2′ on each end so that I had room to tie it, you can obviously adjust it to make it any size/length you would like)
3. Lay out your twine and set your pieces of ribbon on it in the order you want them to appear on the banner, leaving an equal amount of space between each pennant. I left 1.5″ between my pennants.
4. Fold the top 1/2 inch of each piece of ribbon over the twine and pinch it so that the wire helps it to stay in place on the twine, then glue it in place.
5. Trim the bottom of each pennant if you like that look, otherwise leave it straight.
6. Hang and enjoy! 🙂
I’d love to see what you create! Check out our gallery of all of our DIY tutorials for more fun, easy ideas here… DIY Tutorial Gallery
Have a great day!
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- Gorgeous Neutral Bedroom Design Ideas Mood Board
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- Taco Bout A Party : Fiesta Party Ideas
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- Pink Baby Shower Ideas
- Spring Table Setting Ideas : Blogger Home Tour
- Valentine's Day Fondue Date Night
- DIY Valentines : Eye Like You Valentine
- Cute and Easy Felt and Canvas Shamrock Pennant Banner
- A Beautiful Christmas Holiday Home Tour with A Thoughtful Place Blog
- DIY Washi Tape Feathers a Cute Fall Craft
- Interior Design: The Power of Pillows