Lately I have been frequenting one of my favorite lunch spots for their delicious burrata and heirloom tomatoes appetizer. It is SO yummy I can eat it as a meal. With the start of the new year coming soon, that means it’s time for New Year’s parties, Hollywood awards season parties and football parties and we need some great appetizer recipes, so I decided to whip up my own version of this yummy appetizer. With all the parties coming up, they are all perfect opportunities to make this delicious and easy burrata and heirloom tomatoes appetizer recipe.
Ingredients Needed for Burrata and Heirloom Tomatoes Recipe
Small package of heirloom cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup of pesto (homemade or store bought)
3 1″ thick slices of an Italian Round Loaf
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Good Quality Balsamic Vinegar
Burrata or Fresh Mozzarella balls
Micro Greens or Chopped Parsley
How to Make Burrata and Heirloom Tomatoes Appetizer Recipe
Slice your tomatoes in half
Slice the bread into 1 inch thick slices, brush both sides of your bread slices with olive oil and grill on your grill pan until golden brown and crisp.
Cut your bread slices in half at an angle
Spread your 1/4 cup of pesto on to a platter
Layer sliced, grilled bread slices on top of the pesto
If using a large burrata ball, slice it in half or thirds and arrange on top of bread slices. If you are using small fresh mozzarella balls, arrange them on top of your bread.
Spread sliced tomatoes over the top of your bread and cheese
Drizzle with balsamic, olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Top with micro greens or chopped parsley
This is SUCH a delicious and easy to put together appetizer. You can grill your bread ahead of time, just make sure it doesn’t get soggy and stays crisp. You want the bread to be crisp on the outside and a bit soft on the inside. As soon as you are ready to serve it, just assemble all the pieces. It seriously takes minutes to make this delicious and beautiful burrata and heirloom tomatoes appetizer recipe and it is sure to impress. This recipe works really well as a salad or a side dish too!
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Looking for more great recipes ideas? You can find so many good ones here in our Recipe Gallery.
- Incredible Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 15 Minute Amazing Mini Goat Cheese Bites Appetizer
- Delicious Iced Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Amazing Pork Carnitas Tacos Recipe and Toppings
- Summer Salads for a Crowd : Antipasto Salad Platter
- Cinco de Mayo Dessert : Easy Tres Leches Cake Recipe
- Nordstrom Cafe Recipes for Salads : Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- Delicious and Easy Blueberry Buckle Recipe
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster’s Inc. Monster’s University Pretzel Snacks
- Layered Drinks Tutorial : How to Make multi colored party drinks that will amaze!
- Easy DIY Party Food: Donut Holes on a stick