Hello and welcome to our new weekly series, iCandy. For those of you that follow me on Instagram, you know I am constantly sharing images that catch my eye and inspire me, in hopes that they will inspire you too. I get TONS of emails and direct messages each time I post, asking for sources of chairs, tables, lights etc. While I don’t always know the source because I am not the designer of the space, I do spend many hours researching those products each week so that I can respond to those emails and DM’s with hopefully useful, helpful info. So, I thought…why not extend that here, to the blog? I am constantly taking screen shots and photos with my iPhone of things I consider to be beautiful, fun, and useful, so from now on, each Friday I will share “iCandy.” Some from Instagram, but also fun things I have spotted from other sources around the web, and have on my iPhone. I will do my best to list sources and help you to re-create those spaces and locate those fun finds.
We’re kicking this week off with five of the most popular Instagram posts from the last week, where to find them, and how to get the look in your own home. I have included affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
1. This simple and gorgeous guest room might just be too cute, your guests may never leave! 😉 Emily Henderson is always an inspiration and this image is no exception. I love that you can achieve this look without a ton of fuss or a huge bank account. Want this look? Click on any of these images for more information:
2. How about that brass sink?! I don’t know if I am brave enough to do something quite that bold, but boy do I sure love it in this space! That cement tile back splash and the powder blue cabinets are a stunning combination with the brass. Design by Jill Lewis Doyle
3. I talked a little about my love for small bowls and containers this week. I love to collect them on my travels around the world and display them around the house. They are easy to carry in my luggage and when I display them they don’t feel like a souvenir because they mix in seamlessly with my decor. They almost always have earrings in them, like this little beauty from Prague does. I wear hoops everyday…like I feel naked without them, and I have a bad habit of taking them off in random places, every time I am on the phone, laying on the couch, etc. At least this way I don’t lose them! 🙂
4. I am a total sucker for color and weathered wood. I always mix antiques in with all of my decor, and so this room just makes me swoon. That gallery wall perfection, the antique desk in the corner, the bright, fun color palette…just beautiful and whimsical. Design by Brian Patrick Flynn
5. Julianne Hough’s home was featured in Better Homes and Gardens and I about hit the floor when I saw this kitchen. I want to have breakfast here EVERY morning. The mix of textures and color is just incredible. And they used my favorite chairs. 😉
A bonus for you this week…
Braun Adams is another favorite that I follow on Instagram, and the design is just so inspiring. I love this beautiful, casual family dining space. The chairs, mixed with a simple farmhouse table and that killer chandelier is gorgeous!
I hope you are feeling inspired and have great weekend!