Have you had the Nordstrom Tomato Basil Soup? It is out of this world good…and I don’t even like tomato soup!! I found a copycat recipe a few years ago on the internet and have spent the last little while trying to work it down to something manageable…the original recipe made 128 servings!! Needless to say I would only make it for special events. lol! I’ve also made it a little easier and a little healthier.
Serve it with a side of grilled cheese sandwiches and you’re all set! A big loaf of crusty italian bread cut in thick slices makes for the best sandwiches!!
I’ve had several requests for the recipe so without any further ado…
- 4 TBS Olive Oil
- 3 Lbs Mini Carrots
- 2 Large Onions, chopped
- 2 28oz Cans of Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 32oz of Chicken Stock
- 2 TBS dried Basil
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- In a large stockpot sautee the olive oil, carrots and onions at medium heat.
- Add the basil, salt, pepper and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender while adding the cream.
Easy enough, eh?
Enjoy! Have a great day!