Fall is right around the corner and with that comes the yearning for some good ole comfort food. You know the kind that makes you want to sit on the sofa, with your legs curled under you and enjoy a bowl full of warm and satisfying… in the most delicious way… kind of food! As a busy mom, I also know that with this season comes all the busy-ness of life… so whatever we make better not take too much of our time because time is something we are short on! I have the perfect recipe for you! My Pasta Carbonara. It is beyond delicious and easy to whip up in under 30 minutes. Your family will give you an extra dose of love for making this… extra happiness is what every home can use… right? Here’s the recipe for you all!
- Pasta Carbonara
- 1 lb. linguine
- 8 slices, applewood smoked bacon, cooked tender-crisp, chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 c. parmesan cheese, grated, plus additional for serving
- ½ tsp. salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- Parmigiano Reggiano, grated for finishing (if desired)
- Boil water for linguine. Cook linguine according to directions on the package. Reserve ½ c. of the hot pasta water. In a large pan, fry the bacon until crisp-tender. Lay them on a paper towel lined plate. Reserve 2 Tbsp. bacon fat in the pan. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk. Add the parmesan cheese; mix well. Saute minced garlic. Add the chopped bacon and the drained pasta. Toss on medium heat for 1 minute. Take the pan off the heat and add the egg/cheese mixture and mix quickly to coat all the pasta without cooking the eggs. Add the salt, pepper and parsley; toss well. Add the warm pasta water if you need to “loosen” up the noodles; a little at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Grate fresh Parmigiano Reggiano on the top if desired. Serve warm.
- Serves 5-6