Recently, my husband and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary at the gorgeous Rancho Bernardo Inn, located in beautiful, sunny San Diego. One of the highlights of our trip was enjoying one of the most decadent, cozy desserts I’ve ever had. At the hotel’s Veranda restaurant, Sean and I decided to try their cinnamon monkey bread with vanilla ice cream. Oh my goodness, it was heavenly. Angels were singing as I took my first, then second, then tenth bite…. warm monkey bread; creamy, cold vanilla ice cream; salted caramel sauce… perfection.
Today, I’m giving you the secret shortcut to achieving this glorious dessert. Step one is frozen monkey bread. It’s available at the grocery store, near the frozen breads and breakfast items. It’s a snap to make. Just bake and serve. Next, you need some quality vanilla ice cream. I prefer Haagen-Dazs Vanilla. I know all you Texans are rooting for Blue Bell. Whatever your preference, get the good stuff. None of that store brand for this treat. Finally, here is the most important part of the dessert; the homemade salted caramel sauce. Here’s my secret, go-to recipe…
Now take that glorious caramel sauce and pour it all over the monkey bread and ice cream. Guaranteed happiness!
To see more of my sweet treats, check out Society Sweet’s Instagram!
- Week in Review
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Hearty and Delicious Cherry Apple Cobbler Oatmeal Recipe
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Recipe: Sugar Crusted Carmelized French Toast
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce