They’re like rice krispy treats on overload; dense, peanut buttery, krispy goodness with a layer of decadent chocolate and butterscotch on top. If that’s not enough flavor for you, I’ve topped it with our homemade ganache recipe from last week! Why not, right?
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Bring karo and sugar to a low boil in a large pot.
- Add peanut butter and mix well, reducing heat.
- Turn off heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir til completely coated.
- Press mixture into a lightly greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Melt both types of chips in a double boiler til smooth and combined.
- Pour chip mixture over krispy mixture and spread evenly.
- Let chill til chocolate is set.
- Leave treats at room temperature after chocolate is set.
These bars make the perfect treat or after school snack! And an entire pan is perfect for sharing with neighbors!
To see more of my sweet treats, check out Society Sweet’s Instagram!