Raise your hand if you’re a fan of red velvet desserts! I’ve got both my hands up. Ordering this southern classic is easy as pie, but getting that bakery quality red velvet flavor and coloring is a whole other challenge. Until now. Let me introduce you to the cheat of the century. LorAnn’s Red Velvet Emulsion. It’s red velvet flavor and coloring in one tiny, perfect bottle.
Adding 2-3 tablespoons to your favorite red velvet recipe will get you guaranteed results every time. It’s easy to find at stores like Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, WalMart and my favorite, Home Goods! It can be added to your favorite chocolate or vanilla cake recipe, but here’s my favorite recipe for red velvet from the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten.
Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
After cake cools, frost with your favorite frosting. I love a classic cream cheese frosting with red velvet!
To see more of my sweet treats, check out Society Sweet’s Instagram, and you can also check out all of my other baking tips, tricks and recipes here on the blog:
- Hearty & Delicious Homemade Chili Recipe
- Week in Review
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- DIY Doormat : Welcome Mat Ideas
- Heart Shaped Decorations to Make : Wood Button Heart
- Irresistible Dip Recipe : Cheesy Chili Salsa Dip
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Cute DIY Cake Topper
- DIY: How to Make a Felt Circle Garland
- German Glass Glitter DIY Monogram Ornaments
- Kid's Easter Craft DIY: How to Make a Cute Easter Nest from a Paper Bag
6 thoughts on “Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss”
Looks delicious – Thanks for sharing on the Whats for Diner link up!
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome recently posted…What’s for Dinner? Sunday link up #72
Thanks so much Helen! 🙂
These look incredible, fantastic pictures… I can almost reach in and grab one Thanks for sharing with us at Family Joy Blog links party!
Thank you Crystal!
I love red velvet! Thanks for sharing with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party!
Charlene Asay recently posted…Family Joy Blog Link Up Party #45
Does it add red velvet *flavor* (which I realize the name is partly because it’s supposed to be moister than other cakes, but I find red velvet has a taste)? Or just the red to whatever you’re making?
p.s. Found you via the Pretty Pintastic Party! Also pinned.