What are you up to for New Year’s eve this year? Are restrictions in your area keeping you from gathering with friends and family, or are you going to have a big get together? We’re planning to have a small family celebration, but that doesn’t mean that our night can’t be tons of fun! If you’re looking for great DIY New Year’s Eve Ideas, look no further! Everything from free printables to recipes and cute party ideas are here to help you celebrate! Check out these 10 fun DIY New Year’s Eve Ideas…
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
DIY New Year’s Eve Party Ideas
1. This family friendly take on a Pop, Fizz, Clink party involves lots of yummy candied popcorn (or popcorn of any kind!) and fun old fashioned sodas. Have you ever made your own caramel popcorn? This would be a super fun activity for this party too! Here is a favorite recipe for caramel popcorn. Your local BevMo, Grocery Store or convenience store will carry a great assortment of sodas.
2. Another fun family friendly idea for a New Year’s Eve Party? A brunch party! Donuts, colorful cereals and fruit make for easy and fun party food and you can party the night away without needing to feel like a caterer. I LOVE these acrylic donut/bagel stands. Grab some paper fans , honeycomb balls, felted garlands and glitter star garlands to decorate with and you’re all set!
3. How about a fun spin on a food buffet…a confetti buffet! Check out this post to get all the details on this clever party station, perfect for New Year’s Eve!
4. Balloons…and lots of them make any gathering feel like an extra fun party. Check your local party store for deals on balloons. Order ahead of time over the phone or online for easy pick up on a sure to be busy day. The day we did this New Year’s Eve party our local party store was offering these balloons for $1 a piece. I spent $30 on balloons and it looked SO fun! Add our free New Year’s Eve printables to frames on your mantel and you’re all set to Par-Tay!
DIY NEW YEAR’S EVE PARTY CRAFTS
5. I LOVE these fun confetti cups/bottles for any New Year’s Eve Party! They are super easy to make…you just need some of these adorable square plastic bottles (the ones pictured are 8oz) , or just some plastic cups, glue and confetti or glitter and you’re all set! These Anthropologie inspired Cheers bottles are fun DIYs too! Or how about these glittered mini Martinelli’s bottles?! LOVE!!
6. If you’re going to make the cute confetti bar mentioned up above, how about making some cute DIY party bags to go with it. Guests can keep them as party favors. These are SO easy! I used bags similar to these to make them. These are a cute option for DIY party favor bags too.
DIY New Year’s Eve Party Printables
7. Any good party has a cute party favor, right? How about a couple of free New Year’s Eve printables and cute easy DIY party favor ideas like this Ring in the New Year tag attached to a Ring Pop?
8. Want to dole out some New Year’s Kisses at midnight? Keep things pandemic friendly and give out chocolate kisses with our cute Midnight Kisses free printable New Year’s tags.
DIY Delicious New Year’s Party Recipes
9. Sparking Cider pound cake? Yes, please! This delicious recipe is a crowd pleaser for sure and the perfect New Year’s party food! Be sure to make extra glaze because you are going to want to drink it…trust me.
10. Need something savory to go with your sweet pound cake? How about the perfect New Year’s Eve party appetizer recipe? Bacon wrapped stuffed Jalapenos. These are SO delicious and one of my absolute favorite things!
Well, I could go on and on with other fun ideas….a DIY polka dot garland, Amazing Italian Soda Bar, a cute game night play money garland and free printable for all you game night partiers…but I’ll stop there and save some fun for another time. 😉
I hope these DIY New Year’s Eve Ideas help you ring in the new year and have a great time doing it.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter to get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables. Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox.