I have talked to SO many friends who have struggles with their kids and getting them dressed. I know for some moms and kiddos it can be a super stressful, daily battle. Kids are asserting their independence and want to choose what they wear, sometimes things that look crazy, or aren’t appropriate for the weather or occasion, and you have your own ideas of what you want them to wear. Here’s something that really helped Ash and I, so I thought, why not share it here? 🙂 It can be a great thing for us adults too, and since we’re all in organizing mode, why not clean out the closets and make life easier when it comes to getting ready for the day? This idea isn’t just limited to kid’s clothes, I’m sure that if I would take the time to do this for myself, I would wear a lot more of what is in my own closet! 😉
I took a few hours one afternoon and put this “look book” together for Ash. I pulled clothes out of her closet and put together outfits (including shoes and accessories) and took pictures of them.
I printed each outfit image out with a list of what to wear together so she could clearly see and read what to put together. Then I put them in clear page protectors and put them all together in a binder for her. It was awesome! She was so excited and couldn’t wait to put it to use. Each morning she excitedly picked out her outfit on her own. It allowed her to assert her independence and pick what she wanted, the trick is that you provide the choices. 😉 Wouldn’t this be awesome to do with our own closets? I hope this idea helps!
- Week in Review
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- Christmas Home Decorating Ideas - Home Tour
- Easy Cake Topper Ideas: Hollywood Cake Topper
- Cute and Cheerful Christmas Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- 19 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
- Cute DIY Halloween Movie Night Party Ideas
- Easy DIY Spider Wreath for Halloween
- Cute Bugs and Kisses Printable for Halloween
- Valentine's Day Fondue Date Night
- Free Printable Valentine: You Drive Me Wild Valentine
- Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box
- German Glass Glitter DIY Monogram Ornaments
- DIY: St. Patrick's Day Candy Pops