January makes all of us want to organize, right? I think it has something to do with the influx of new things that come in during the holidays…especially kids stuff. We need room to store new clothes and toys, and if your house is anything like mine, we do not have extra space, which means something has to go! 😉 I always find myself cleaning out the kid’s closets in January. Organizing them feels SO good…almost like therapy. 😉 (If you want some helpful tips for organizing your closets, you can find my favorite DIY organization ideas in this post.) One of the things that drives me absolutely bananas about the kid’s closets is the number of clothes in piles on the floor of the closet. Does that happen at your house too? I started buying non-slip hangers (I love them in my closet!), and they seemed to help the problem, but the hangers themselves were always ending up on the floor and getting stepped on and broken. Ugh. They are kind of pricey, so that wasn’t making anyone too happy. 😉 When I was cleaning out Ashley’s closet the other day I was organizing her craft supplies and clothes and the piles of yarn gave me an idea.
I grabbed a couple of her practically indestructible plastic hangers and whipped up a couple of DIY non-slip hangers. Each one probably took me 5 minutes to make, so I made quite a few during an episode of The Bachelor. 😉
To make each hanger you just need heavy duty plastic hangers and yarn. I obviously mixed colors, but that isn’t necessary. I just have a disease where I have to add a million colors to everything because it looks so fun. 😉 To make it easier to wrap, I cut about a 1 yard piece of yarn from the big bunch and that was plenty to wrap one side of the hanger. It was much easier to work with! I tied a double knot at the top and wrapped to my heart’s content. Once I wrapped it as far as I wanted, I tied it off. It’s that simple! The result of wrapping yarn around her plastic hangers was a cute and useful tool for some closet organization. I love them! We have seen fewer broken hangers and fewer clothes on the floor…win!
I hope you find this DIY easy and helpful! Looking for more DIY organization ideas? You can find all kinds of helpful and fun tips and tricks in our DIY gallery. If you have a little person in your house that makes your life difficult trying to get them dressed too, check out this post…it might help!
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- Christmas Home Decorating Ideas - Home Tour
- Heart Shaped Decorations to Make : Wood Button Heart
- Cute DIY Halloween Movie Night Party Ideas
- Beach Theme Cookies : DIY Clam Cookies
- 11 Valentine Party Themes for Kids: Valentine Card Party
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- DIY Glittered Party Bottles : Fun DIY Party Ideas
- German Glass Glitter DIY Monogram Ornaments
- Interior Design: The Power of Pillows
- DIY: St. Patrick's Day Candy Pops
- Free Printable Valentine: What Does the Fox Say?