I was having a conversation with a friend today who said that Thanksgiving is her least favorite holiday. She doesn’t love all the pressure of cooking the perfect meal and the time that goes into it, only for it to be gobbled up in 10 minutes. It’s funny how different people think about things. I, on the other hand, LOVE Thanksgiving mainly for the prep and time that goes into getting the perfect meal ready. Now, in all fairness I love to cook, so if you don’t love to cook…I get it! But for me, the chance to make all these delicious family favorites and share them with friends and family is wonderful! Stuffing is one of my FAVORITE parts of Thanksgiving dinner. What’s your favorite? If you are a Thanksgiving stuffing lover like me, then this is the recipe for you! It’s sweet and tart and savory and delicious. This is the best Thanksgiving stuffing recipe with apples. I mixed a few things together over the years to create this and now I get requests for a double batch every year so there are left overs. 😉
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
When it comes to making Thanksgiving stuffing I’m kind of a more is more girl. 😉 I like my stuffing recipe to have all kinds of good stuff in it, and this Thanksgiving stuffing recipe with apples is FULL of all kinds of yummy things.
The apples in this stuffing give it great texture and sweetness. The onions are so flavorful, the celery adds great crunch and the cranberries add a great tart element. I threw mushrooms in there too because we love them.
Usually I am prepping all the things, so the idea of cutting and drying my own bread for stuffing is a step I skip. I buy the boxes of pre-seasoned bread cubes to work with. You can always make your own stuffing bread if you prefer, and I’m sure it would be delicious.
I’m also always looking to cut my prep time in any way I can, so I’ll splurge and buy the pre-diced onions and celery from the produce section at the grocery store. Dried cranberries are an easy addition and when it comes to the apples in the stuffing, I don’t even peel them. I chop them into chunks and toss them in!
Here’s what you’ll need for the best Thanksgiving stuffing recipe with apples….
1 cup of dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1 teaspoon minced fresh sage leaves
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
This is such an easy and delicious Thanksgiving stuffing recipe with apples…you are going to love it! As a bonus, you can even prepare it up to the point of putting it in the oven a day ahead and then cook it before you eat.
I get questions about these dishes all the time. They are my favorite and SO pretty. They are like an art piece.
There can’t be a Thanksgiving in our house without Homemade Orange Rolls. Be sure to check out this family favorite recipe here.
Looking for more delicious recipes? You can find even more in our recipe library.
Thanks for visiting the blog! Come and join me on social to follow along with all of my Design, Travel, DIY, Shopping Deals and other posts. You can find me here:
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- Irresistible Dip Recipe : Cheesy Chili Salsa Dip
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Recipe for Easy and Delicious Taco Salad with a Twist
- Halloween: My Favorite Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe with Whipped Cream Ghosts
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce