A few years ago, while we were visiting the North Shore of Hawaii, we spent a long day of snorkeling at Shark’s Cove and were starving!! Aside from a grocery store across the street, there wasn’t much in the area at the time, as far as food was concerned. We parked in the grocery store parking lot and were going to go grab some snacks, when we smelled something amazing coming from the porch of a house across the street, so we went to investigate. We found a cute little family home where they had tuned their front porch into a restaurant of sorts and they were selling these delicious grilled teriyaki chicken and pineapple sandwiches. They were SO simple and super yummy. Ever since then they have been one of our family’s favorite go-to dinners. Here’s the easy recipe for these yummy chicken teriyaki sandwiches that will bring a taste of the islands to your table.
What you’ll need:
6 thinly sliced chicken breasts
Teriyaki Sauce/Marinade (I like to use the Kikkomen Pineapple Teriyaki Marinade)
1 Can of Pineapple Slices
6 Slices of Swiss Cheese
6 Hamburger Buns
Set aside 2 tbs of the Teriyaki Sauce, and then marinate your chicken breasts in the rest of the bottle for about 30 minutes in the fridge. You can do it longer if you have more time. 🙂
Add the remaining Teriyaki Marinade to 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise and stir to combine. Set this aside in the fridge as well.
Once the chicken has marinated, grill your chicken breasts. I usually grill mine inside on my favorite grill pan, (I love that it is dishwasher safe) but you can also grill these outside if you want to. While the chicken is cooking, drain the pineapple slices and place in a pan on medium heat to cook until golden brown on either side. Once the pineapple has cooked on both sides, turn off the heat and add a slice of Swiss cheese to each slice of pineapple so it melts. Assemble to sandwiches by coating both sides of a hamburger bun with teriyaki mayonnaise, add some lettuce (the original sandwiches didn’t have lettuce, so if you want to omit this you can, I just like to get green stuff in my kids when I can), top with a grilled chicken breast, two slices of grilled pineapple with swiss cheese, and the top part of the bun and you are all ready to serve and eat!
These are so juicy and yummy! They grill up in minutes and taste delicious. Even if you can’t vacation in Hawaii, you can feel like you are on the North Shore with these tropical sandwiches. If you love pineapple, don’t miss our grilled pineapple with coconut gelato dessert!
Looking for more delicious dinners? You can find a bunch in our Recipe Gallery.
Do you have a favorite recipe? I’d love to know about it! Leave a link in the comments so I can check it out! You can join me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more fun ideas about food, design, travel and entertaining. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss a thing!
Have a great day!
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- Best Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe with Apples
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- 16 Amazing Fall Apple Recipes : Cinnamon Spiced Apple Strudel Sundae
- Irresistible Dip Recipe : Cheesy Chili Salsa Dip
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Hearty and Delicious Cherry Apple Cobbler Oatmeal Recipe
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Recipe: Sugar Crusted Carmelized French Toast
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks