For Ashley’s baptism a few weeks ago, I wanted to try something new. I was wandering the aisles of Michaels one day and ran across these Martha Stewart Foil Transfer sheets.
Have you seen them? I thought it might be neat to try so I grabbed the supplies and came home to try it out. The instructions seemed simple enough…and I’m a little crafty, so I figured I could manage no problem…WRONG! My attempt at my initial project was a major FAIL! Needless to say, the foil sheets are a bit tempermental, so we didn’t get along well. 😉 Not only are they tempermental, they are pricey too…so I couldn’t just let them go to waste. Then I came up with this…
I decided that if it was going to be tricky, so was I. 😉 I created a no-fail, abstract vase to use up those left over sheets of foil you may have lying around. I hope you like it! 🙂 Very modern looking I think! 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need:
Martha Stewart transfer adhesive
Martha Stewart Foil Transfer Sheets
a paint brush
Paint the outside of your clean jar with broad, thin, even strokes of the adhesive. You want there to be areas that aren’t covered so that the adhesive only sticks in some spots, giving it that more modern, abstract look.
Let the adhesive dry…(follow the instructions on the back of the transfer sheets) for about 15 minutes until REALLY tacky and almost dry.
Place transfer sheet silver side down on the adhesive. (I wrapped the jar in it as much as I could)
gently rub/scrape/burnish the lining side with a stylus (I used my fingernail) to cover all areas that have adhesive. Gently lift the sheet of foil off of the adhesive. Let it dry overnight, fill it with flowers and you are all set! I love the way the stems look peeking out through the gold.
The thing I love about this project is that you CAN’T mess it up. It doesn’t matter how much or how little of the foil sticks…the idea is that it looks messy and abstract. Perfect! 🙂
Have a great day!
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- 20 Beautiful Christmas Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Birthday Wishes Tags : Free Printable Birthday Tags
- Valentine's Day Fondue Date Night
- Buffalo Plaid Black and White DIY Temporary Wallpaper
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Free Printable Valentine: You Drive Me Wild Valentine
- Party Hearty Valentine: Free Printable Valentine Candy Free
- Happy New Year!! New Year's Party Ideas and Free New Year's Printables
- German Glass Glitter DIY Monogram Ornaments
- DIY: How to Make Glitter Votives Tutorial
- DIY: St. Patrick's Day Candy Pops