For Ashley’s baptism a few weeks ago, I wanted to try something new. I was wandering the aisles of Michaels one day and ran across these Martha Stewart Foil Transfer sheets.
Have you seen them? I thought it might be neat to try so I grabbed the supplies and came home to try it out. The instructions seemed simple enough…and I’m a little crafty, so I figured I could manage no problem…WRONG! My attempt at my initial project was a major FAIL! Needless to say, the foil sheets are a bit tempermental, so we didn’t get along well. 😉 Not only are they tempermental, they are pricey too…so I couldn’t just let them go to waste. Then I came up with this…
I decided that if it was going to be tricky, so was I. 😉 I created a no-fail, abstract vase to use up those left over sheets of foil you may have lying around. I hope you like it! 🙂 Very modern looking I think! 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need:
Martha Stewart transfer adhesive
Martha Stewart Foil Transfer Sheets
a paint brush
Paint the outside of your clean jar with broad, thin, even strokes of the adhesive. You want there to be areas that aren’t covered so that the adhesive only sticks in some spots, giving it that more modern, abstract look.
Let the adhesive dry…(follow the instructions on the back of the transfer sheets) for about 15 minutes until REALLY tacky and almost dry.
Place transfer sheet silver side down on the adhesive. (I wrapped the jar in it as much as I could)
gently rub/scrape/burnish the lining side with a stylus (I used my fingernail) to cover all areas that have adhesive. Gently lift the sheet of foil off of the adhesive. Let it dry overnight, fill it with flowers and you are all set! I love the way the stems look peeking out through the gold.
The thing I love about this project is that you CAN’T mess it up. It doesn’t matter how much or how little of the foil sticks…the idea is that it looks messy and abstract. Perfect! 🙂
Have a great day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party