I have always been a fan of white kitchens. As a photographer I can’t get enough white and bright. When we bought our house over a decade ago, dark was in. Dark cabinets, dark countertops, dark floors…I was fortunate that white kitchens were seen as “less desireable” so I was able to get a white kitchen without having to do any upgrades. 😉 Boy how times have changed! Light and bright is in and it was time for a kitchen remodel to turn this kitchen into something cheery.
Here’s what we started with…
we started with paint…
you can tell a few of the furniture items had already arrived at this point! 😉 Then we went for it with the painted cabinets and new backsplash..
SHOP THIS ROOM:
We left the existing cabinets, countertops and appliances, which was a BIG money saver. Having the kitchen cabinets professionally painted is not cheap, and to get it done right, the price might be a bit shocking, but you want it done right! I have seen too many cases of kitchen cabinets that start peeling in six months and it becomes a real mess. If you are considering a kitchen remodel and the kitchen design includes painting your kitchen cabinets, do research on who you are hiring! While we could have gone ALL white, we chose a sandy colored backsplash. It makes a really nice transition between the white cabinets and the venetian gold granite countertops and is a timeless choice that adds a little more personality to the space. The metal barstools add a fun industrial touch.
This dining space was a new addition. It is a VERY small space, with a French door that opens to the backyard there on the left, the island in the front, the wall in the back, and a built-in desk area to the right. Historically it had just been left open and empty as this is a highly trafficked area, but it was too big of a space to just be left alone. I suggested adding a light fixture in the center of the space, to create a little eat-in dining nook. With a petite table and cute painted chairs, it took this empty, awkward space to a cute, functional space for breakfast, homework and crafts. 🙂
You can find many of the items used to style this kitchen here:
Hope you’re feeling inspired to create!
- Baby, It's Cold Outside! Cute Winter fashion with Walmart
- Serena and Lily Thank You Sale Event
- Unique Gifts for Cooks from Amazon
- Best Selling Walmart Gifts on Sale
- Our Fall Living Room Decor Tour
- 27 Gorgeous Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 20 Beautiful Christmas Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- How to Accessorize Kitchen Countertops
- 19 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- 12 Bloggers of Christmas with Balsam Hill : Our Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Kitchen Remodel Update on the 1987 Fixer Upper
- The Best Halloween Costumes and Deals for the Family
- The Moody Blues... a Blue Mantel Re-do with Chinese Urns
- Interior Design: The Power of Pillows
- Entertain: Pink, Gold and Mint Baptism Party