I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. We had planned to go out of town, but then had some family visiting last minute and decided to stay in town and enjoy some lazy days around the house. It was much needed down time after a rather hectic and stressful last couple of weeks. Things are heating up at the Midway Modern Farmhouse and I had the opportunity to be on site twice last week, and I’m visiting again today. Major changes have happened since my last update, so I thought I would fill you in on some of the fun! Furnishings and decor pieces are ordered, tile is going in, cabinets aren’t far off and things are really starting to come together. Here’s a peek at what’s happening:
Paint! This beauty has gone from traditional red brick to this gorgeous creamy white. The roof is prepped for a new, black roof and the cedar porch is complete. What a transformation!
The once huge, flat face on the garage wing of the house is also getting an upgrade with some beautiful texture and dimension brought by this stunning cedar pergola which ties in with the porch beautifully. This may be my favorite change on the exterior because it makes this part of the house look SO. MUCH. BETTER. !!!
The exterior doors and garage doors got a nice coat of rich back paint. Love the contrast. This place is just getting more and more beautiful by the minute!
Inside the walls have been textured and tiling has started. Heres a sneak peek at some of the finishes you’ll see in the house…
Did you catch the plaid tile I posted on stories over on Instagram? Oh, man! That stuff is cute. I can’t wait to see it installed!
The big kids bunk room has really started to take shape. We created this room by walling off a section of a HUGE family room on the second floor. The family room is STILL big enough for a pool table, large sectional, ping pong table and more…even with losing the space for this giant bunk room. Incredible! The bunks you see here are queen bunks that will have stairs in between them. On the wall to the right of where Ashley is standing, there is another set of twin bunks. This will definitely be a party room! Plans in here include some cool shiplap behind those awesome bunks!
The closer we get to the finish line the faster things go and it’s SO exciting! I’ll share some more images on Instagram while I visit today, so be sure to come follow along.
I can’t wait to share the complete finished product. She is going to be a stunner!
You can read more about this project and see some before pictures here.
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party