I’m sure you’ve seen them all over the internet. The cute, DIY felted garlands using felted balls and fun shapes decorating kid’s rooms, mantels, Christmas trees…you name it. Did you know they are super easy to make? Well, I’m here to show you how you can make your own in minutes. Don’t buy a felted garland this year, make your own custom garland with you favorite colors to match your decor. (affiliate links included for your convenience)
A note about the size of the felted balls: I was confused when I was ordering. They are sized by CM which can be tough to judge size, because when you look at CM on a ruler, these do not match up. For this garland, I used balls and hearts that are 3cm. That is about 1″-1.25″ in diameter. Size varies slightly because they are handmade.
Step 1: Line up the felted balls in the pattern you would like them to appear on your garland so that you can visualize what it will look like.
Step 2: Thread the needle and push it through the first felted ball. Tip: I don’t cut the twine. I make mine while the twine is still on the spool, that way I can cut it once I’m done to the length I want.
Step 3: Continue threading the felted shapes onto the twine until your garland is as long as you would like. Remember to leave twine at both ends for hanging.
Stare at your new adorable DIY felted garland, hang and enjoy! 😉 I have seen these felted garlands popping up everywhere! They are really perfect for Christmas decorations, Valentine decorations and any other occasion…just make them in the colors that fit your theme. They are also really cute in a nursery or playroom.
Looking for more fun DIY crafts and DIY Party ideas? You can find tons of them in our DIY gallery here.
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- Spring Blogger Home Tour 2022
- Easy Design Updates for a Cozy Guest Bedroom
- Designer's Favorite Blue Paint Colors for Your Home
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- 15 Beautiful Christmas Room Ideas : Our Christmas Bedroom Decor
- Adorable Free Printable Halloween Tags for Booing Friends and Neighbors : Booyah!
- DIY Doormat : Welcome Mat Ideas
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- DIY Teacher Christmas Gift Idea and Free Printable
- Christmas Party Ideas : Girls Night In
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes