I’m sure you’ve noticed an abundance of trays popping up all over your favorite home décor shops lately. You can find them in so many colors, shapes and sizes, they are a great way to dress up a coffee table or shelf, and bring in a little more personality to your space as you curate a great collection of things that represent you and your family. I found this amazing tray at HomeGoods and then picked up a few additional items (the candle $7.99, flowers $19.99 and box $2.99) to add to a few items that I already had at home to create this collection.
Styling your coffee table or shelf is as easy as combining these six elements…
- Books– books are so versatile! Their bindings are pretty, their subject matter can reflect your interests telling your guests a little more about who you are. They are a great way to add height and structure too.
- Something from nature-a plant, flowers something that brings the outdoors in and gives your collection life.
- Candles– one of the least expensive ways to add ambiance and a signature scent to your space
- Decorative accents– a great way to include trinkets with special meaning and add interesting color, texture and movement to your collecton.
- Clever Storage– a pretty gift box or antique tin is a wonderful way to hide items like remotes and small items that you need close by but don’t want to look at all the time.
Find the pieces you love, the books you’ve read time and again, a piece of coral that you bought on your family vacation to Hawaii, the scented candle that reminds you of your grandma’s sugar cookies. Gather items that tell your story and add history to your space. It will be a collection of things that make you feel good every time you look at them. And even better, you don’t have to spend a ton of money to create this look. You can remix things that you have collected in other rooms and bring them all together.
Vary the heights of your display and keep all of your collected items in a tight color scheme. Balance your natural objects with a bit of sparkle and shine with a metallic element and by doing so you will create a balanced and beautiful vignette.
I hope you are inspired to gather a few things from around your home and create a beautiful, decorative accent for your space.
Have a great day!
I have been sponsored by HomeGoods to write this sponsored post. What does that mean? The sponsor, in this case HomeGoods, has given me product in exchange for me purchasing items and styling them to showcase just how awesome they are. All products featured are items I am truly a fan of…places that I would shop, eat, and visit regardless of my affiliations with them. Thanks to the support of these sponsors, I am able to do what I love, and continue to share my tips and ideas with you!