Download these free printable tags and make this cute homecoming proposal idea in just minutes!
I realize I’m a little late to the game this year, Homecoming has been happening at schools all over for the last few weeks, and dances will wrap up here in the coming weeks, which means most Homecoming proposals have already happened. But, if you’re still looking for a cute homecoming proposal idea, let me share this one with you! 🙂 I actually meant to add this to the blog last year, but then homecoming wasn’t happening…eek…and then I just forgot. I am terrible about that sometimes. A couple of years ago Andy needed a fun idea to ask a cute girl at school to Homecoming. It’s wild to say that because it feels like it was just yesterday!
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Pinatas are always full of fun surprises, so I thought, why not fill a pinata with candy and a bit of a puzzle and make it a fun way to ask someone to a dance?! Who wouldn’t love getting asked to a dance with a fun activity and a bunch of candy? We ran to the local party store and picked one up. I modified this birthday tag I made a bit ago and we had a cute homecoming proposal (I still think it’s funny that they are called that) A pinatas are easy to find at your local party store, Target, Amazon and Walmart carry them too. Grab an inexpensive bag of candy and print out these free printable homecoming tags and you’re all set!
This is seriously SO easy! I’m including two sizes of tags here for you, one that will work for either size. Andy wrote one letter of his name on four pieces of candy that went into the pinata. His date had to break open the pinata, collect the candy, find the pieces with letters on them, and then solve the puzzle and figure out who’s name was on the candy.
I snapped these quick pictures with my phone on our way out the door to drop off the pinata, so it’s kind of hard to see the tag, but you can see what it looks like here:
Fortunately, Andy’s date had a big tree in front of her house so it made it easy to hang the pinata in an easy to see place right in front of the window. When she got home, it was hard to miss!
Love that cute boy of mine so much! 😉 Doesn’t that look fun in the tree? If you want to get this cute homecoming proposal idea printable, you can sign up for our newsletter and get access to my free printable library.
Are you familiar with my free printable library? I have TONS of these kinds of free printable tags there for every season. I am always creating new printables and adding to the library too! You can download and print anything from the library when you subscribe to our newsletter. If you aren’t already a newsletter subscriber, get on the list here and get access to all kinds of fun delivered directly to your inbox.
Already a member? Click here to reach the library and enter your password.
I put these together for you all in a printable Homecoming Tags PDF that is super easy to download and print out. When you print our free printables, or have them printed, be sure to do it on 110lb (or heavier) white cardstock. I use this for all of my printables when I print them at home.
I hope you can put this homecoming proposal to good use with those teenagers in your house!
Have a great day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party