Dreaming of cold weather and rain has me wanting to make some homemade soup. This is one of Ashley’s favorite dinners and a regular in our house, so I thought it was about time to share it here. It’s super easy and delicious and you know how I feel about that combination! 😉
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa (I use pace medium)
- 8 ounces corn tortilla chips
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced avocado
- Sour cream
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the chicken in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and mix well. Then add the broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lemon juice and salsa. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Top Soup with Sliced Avocado, Tortilla Chips, Cheese and Sour Cream.
You can have this at your house tonight in about 30 minutes…so easy and SO good!!