I don’t usually like to toot my own horn, but when it comes to creating a cranberry sauce recipe, I’m pretty convinced this is the best cranberry sauce recipe ever. 😉 The best part is, it was an accident. The mishap occurred about 8 years ago, but I always forget to write about it here, so before Thanksgiving comes and goes again, I’m going to write about it so you can be enjoying this yummy treat on your table this year!
I mean, how yummy does that picture look? I just want to lick it off the screen. 😉 I love cranberry orange juice, and I also love pineapple. I was in charge of bringing cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving on that fateful day 8 years ago, so I thought I would try a little experiment. It has been such a hit that I have been asked to make it every year since. I’m not joking, everyone I have made it for thinks this is the best cranberry sauce recipe ever. The funny thing is, I am guilty of never writing things down when I experiment, so I had to try and recreate it to make sure I was getting it right before I posted about it. Now I will have it written down for eternity. 😉 Here’s what you will need to make this best cranberry sauce recipe. I’ve included some affiliate links to some of my favorite kitchen gadgets that I use in this recipe for your convenience.
What You’ll Need
2 oranges (I use navel)
2 bags of Whole Cranberries
1 Can of Pineapple Tidbits
1 Cup of Water
2 Cups of Sugar
This recipe uses two of my ALL time favorite kitchen gadgets- either of these would be a perfect gift for the foodie in your life.
Drain Pineapple tidbits and reserve juice. Add the juice of the two oranges to the pineapple juice to make 1 Cup of Pineapple/Orange juice.
Combine sugar, water and pineapple orange juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Add the cranberries, pineapple tidbits and orange zest, return to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cranberries will begin to pop, as they boil gently.
Remove from the heat after 10 minutes and using the immersion blender, roughly chop the mixture, leaving some berries whole and others blended roughly.
Let cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Serve Chilled.
Best Cranberry Sauce Recipe Ever
It smells like heaven and I am completely convinced that once you taste it you will think it is the best cranberry sauce recipe ever too! If you make it, let me know what you think. I would love to know about your favorite recipes too!
You can find more of our favorite recipes in our Recipe Gallery. Jenny has a great recipe for stuffing here.
- Hearty & Delicious Homemade Chili Recipe
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Hearty and Delicious Cherry Apple Cobbler Oatmeal Recipe
- Recipe for Easy and Delicious Taco Salad with a Twist
- Halloween: My Favorite Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe with Whipped Cream Ghosts
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- Recipe: Sugar Crusted Carmelized French Toast
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee
1 thought on “Best Cranberry Sauce Recipe Ever”