Sometimes I want to eat bad things for breakfast, even when i’s only January and I just started my “new year healthy eating plan.” 😉 Fortunately I had some of my favorite Blueberry muffins in the freezer and because I make them with fresh blueberries, I don’t feel quite as bad about eating one…I mean, it counts as fruit, right? 😉
You can whip these puppies up in no time and if you are afraid you are going to eat them all at once like I am often tempted to do, let them cool thoroughly and then pop them in the freezer. When you are in a hurry, or craving on just heat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and you’ve got a fresh, hot homemade breakfast at your fingertips.
- 1¼ cups white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups blueberries
- Turbinado Sugar Crystals for tops of muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In large bowl beat eggs, gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with Turbinado Sugar crystals.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.