Everyone knows that everything is better with Nutella. Pair a little of this incredible chocolate hazelnut spread with puff pastry, and you’ve got a simple, rock star dessert in no time! Here are our ingredients (not pictured, one egg):
Start by laying out puff pastry on a flat, lightly floured surface, and use any shape cookie cutter you like. I used a fall leaf, since California is just barely creeping into cooler weather and I want to celebrate! Cut shapes and lay flat on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
Next, put a small amount of Nutella in the center of each leaf. I used half a teaspoon here. You want to make sure the amount of Nutella is proportional to the size of your shape. If you put too much, the Nutella will seep out the side, and while that will taste just fine it won’t look as finished. Next beat your egg in a small bowl and brush the edges of your shape with it.
Next, cover each shape with a matching piece of puff pastry. The egg wash will act as the glue here. Gently press down the edges to secure.
Brush the top of your shape with more egg wash. This will give you a golden, glossy finish to your hand pie. Additionally, it will help with our next step…
Add sugar, or sugar sprinkles to the top of each pie. Bake at 350 degrees til light golden brown on top. Time will vary, according to the size of the cutter you’ve used. These small leaves took about 9 minutes.
Flaky, golden, rich and delicious, these little hand pies are easy to make and sure to please everyone! Enjoy!
To see more of my sweet treats, check out Society Sweet’s Instagram! Shana
- Hearty & Delicious Homemade Chili Recipe
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- Best Green Chile Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- Tacky Christmas Party Ideas : Ugly Sweater Party
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- Put a Ring on It Valentine | Free Printable Valentine for Kids and Tweens
- Christmas Party Ideas : Girls Night In
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- DIY: How to Make Paper Rosettes
- Free Printable Valentine: What Does the Fox Say?
- FREEBIE: You're a Tweet Heart, Valentine Free Printable Valentine Card/Tag
2 thoughts on “Sweets: DIY Cute Nutella Hand Pies”
yum yum yum!!! Puff pastry makes everything better.
I agree Jaime! It’s the BEST!