Everyone knows that everything is better with Nutella. Pair a little of this incredible chocolate hazelnut spread with puff pastry, and you’ve got a simple, rock star dessert in no time! Here are our ingredients (not pictured, one egg):
Start by laying out puff pastry on a flat, lightly floured surface, and use any shape cookie cutter you like. I used a fall leaf, since California is just barely creeping into cooler weather and I want to celebrate! Cut shapes and lay flat on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
Next, put a small amount of Nutella in the center of each leaf. I used half a teaspoon here. You want to make sure the amount of Nutella is proportional to the size of your shape. If you put too much, the Nutella will seep out the side, and while that will taste just fine it won’t look as finished. Next beat your egg in a small bowl and brush the edges of your shape with it.
Next, cover each shape with a matching piece of puff pastry. The egg wash will act as the glue here. Gently press down the edges to secure.
Brush the top of your shape with more egg wash. This will give you a golden, glossy finish to your hand pie. Additionally, it will help with our next step…
Add sugar, or sugar sprinkles to the top of each pie. Bake at 350 degrees til light golden brown on top. Time will vary, according to the size of the cutter you’ve used. These small leaves took about 9 minutes.
Flaky, golden, rich and delicious, these little hand pies are easy to make and sure to please everyone! Enjoy!
To see more of my sweet treats, check out Society Sweet’s Instagram! Shana
- Incredible Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 15 Minute Amazing Mini Goat Cheese Bites Appetizer
- Feliz Navidad : Neighbor Christmas Gift Ideas
- Pretty Christmas Kitchen Decor Ideas Home Tour
- Easy Green Halloween Party Punch: Monster Juice
- Designer’s Favorite Blue Paint Colors for Your Home
- Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas for Kids (and everyone else)
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- 12 Bloggers of Christmas with Balsam Hill : Our Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Ready for Take-off: Airplane Themed Party
- Free Printable Valentine: Will You ‘ofishally” be my valentine?