I love dessert and I love it even more when it is super easy. The kids have been excited for the latest Disney Channel Original Movie, Freaky Friday, to come out, and it’s finally happening. So, of course we need to celebrate. 😉 I have so much fun putting together movie nights for the kids when these movies come out (remember the Teen Beach Movie party?) because it is something that makes it a little more special. They invite some friends over, eat some yummy treats, and watch it together. It’s hilarious to listen to the commentary during the movie too. 😉 . I’ve seen hints online that seven layer bars play an important part in the movie, so it makes sense to serve these for dessert. This delicious seven layer bar recipe is super easy, so you can whip them up in just a few minutes. (affiliate links are included in this post)
SEVEN LAYER BAR INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup butter, melted.
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (you can use pecans if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I like to use these chunks or the ones from Trader Joes)
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup caramel chips (Ghirardelli makes them, you can substitute butterscotch or peanut butter chips would be really yummy too!)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place melted butter and coat bottom and sides of pan with the butter
- Spread the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pan. Layer chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, caramel chips and nuts over the graham cracker crumbs. Pour the can of condensed milk over the nuts. Sprinkle your coconut over the condensed milk.
- Bake the bars until the edges are golden brown, between 20-25 minutes. Let the pan cool completely before cutting into bars.
So how is that for easy? Only minutes to total deliciousness. I like to use the semi sweet chocolate chunks instead of chips, just to give it a little more texture and visual interest. I know, I’m kind of nuts that way. 😉
That toasted coconut though…yum! SO good!
The kids will love having a themed treat to go with their movie night, and it is so little effort to make this delicious seven layer bar recipe, it’s a total mom win!
WANT TO TRY THIS DELICIOUS SEVEN LAYER BAR RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR RECIPE BOARD SO YOU CAN TRY IT LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Be sure to check out my other recipe posts for more delicious things to try!
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. 🙂 And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.