I’ll admit, sometimes when I tell people that I love Grasshopper Pie I get a funny look. 😉 For years I had my kids going, convinced that they were actually eating grasshoppers in this yummy dessert. When I finally told them the truth they didn’t find it too funny. lol! I don’t remember the first place I had this minty ice cream and chocolatey goodness, but I know that it was some time around my 12th birthday, because from that time on, it has been my favorite birthday treat. I asked my mom for it every year, and now I make it for myself. It is gooey, sweet and totally indulgent, which is what makes it perfect for a once a year birthday treat! It’s a no-bake, easy to create treat that you can make in about 30 minutes and have it in the freezer, getting ready to eat. Here is what you’ll need:
1 Package Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1 Container Whipped Topping
1 bottle hot fudge
1 .5 Quarts Mint Chip Ice Cream (set this out to thaw about 30 minutes before you make the pie)
Place the chocolate cookies in a food processor (I use this one) and pulse and chop until they are ground into small chunks.
Spread the chopped up cookies into the bottom of a 3 quart dish, reserving about 3/4 of a cup. Set that aside for later.
Take the softened ice cream and spread it on top of the cookie crust.
top with hot fudge and then add the whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs, cover with plastic wrap and put it in the freezer to harden.
It will need to freeze for about 12-24 hours before you serve it. When you are ready to serve, remove it from the freezer 20 minutes before you want to cut it.
It is super rich, so small pieces go a long way!
Is your mouth watering? This SO yummy!! Let me know what you think after you devour a few slices. 😉
Looking for more delicious desserts? You can find a bunch in our dessert gallery. Check out all of our yummy recipes here: Recipe Gallery.
Do you have a favorite dessert recipe? I’d love to know about it! Leave a link in the comments so I can check it out! You can join me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more fun ideas about food, design, travel and entertaining. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss a thing!
Have a great day!
- Hearty & Delicious Homemade Chili Recipe
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- 16 Amazing Fall Apple Recipes : Cinnamon Spiced Apple Strudel Sundae
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Hearty and Delicious Cherry Apple Cobbler Oatmeal Recipe
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Recipe: Sugar Crusted Carmelized French Toast
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce