I’m always on the hunt for new and fun cake ideas, and I’m obsessed with anything that resembles confetti, glitter or sprinkles, so this cake is pretty much perfection in my eyes. This simple confetti cake trick will leave a lasting impression on your guests, and it makes the perfect centerpiece for any dessert table!
You’ll need at least three layers of cake to pull this confetti cake off. To begin, place your first layer onto a cake stand. Frost the top of the layer, then place the second layer next. Frost that one as well. Next, take anything circular and cut through the middle of both layers. I’ve tried a circular cookie cutter, but it was too short and got stuck. You need something taller, like a narrow juice glass. Something that will allow you to keep a hold of the top of the glass to pull it back out again. After you’ve pulled out the two circles, make sure the opening is free of any remaining crumbs or pieces of cake. Next, fill the opening with sprinkles. You’re going to need almost an entire big bottle of sprinkles. Fill the opening about 3/4 of the way full. I’ve also noticed that the brighter the sprinkles, the better the effect; pale, old-fashioned jimmies are not nearly as impressive as jewel tones. Then place your remaining layers on top, frosting in between each layer. Then frost the entire cake.
Cutting into this cake is an event in and of itself. Don’t tell anyone beforehand about the confetti cake surprise, just make sure they’re all gathered around to witness the magic!
Looking for more fun party ideas? This confetti cake wold be such a fun idea for a birthday, but imagine it on New Year’s Eve? Here our some of our most popular DIY New Year’s Eve ideas.
Make our super easy gold polka dot sticker garland , glittered mini sparkling cider bottles for décor, make Shana’s sparkling cider pound cake for snacks, download our free Midnight Kisses printable tags for favors, and put together a quick and easy cheese plate with these helpful tips and you’re all ready to party! 😉
- Feliz Navidad : Neighbor Christmas Gift Ideas
- Our Christmas Family Room Decor
- The Best Dutch Apple Pie Recipe & 8 More Amazing Thanksgiving Recipes
- Easy Green Halloween Party Punch: Monster Juice
- 15 Beautiful Christmas Room Ideas : Our Christmas Bedroom Decor
- Pirate Party Ideas : Trick ARRR Treat Pirate Halloween Party
- Disney Gifts for Mom : Awesome Gifts for Disney Lovers
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- 12 Bloggers of Christmas with Balsam Hill : Our Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Ready for Take-off: Airplane Themed Party
- Free Printable Valentine: Will You ‘ofishally” be my valentine?
- BABY SHOWERS: GIRL PARTIES: The Butterfly Baby Shower